Thursday, January 8, 2009

Naked Days

Sometimes you just gotta have a nakie day! Today I let Mr. Dawson run around (well lay around actually) naked for a good part of the morning. His poor little bootie is so sore because he has had the runs for two weeks. So i though a little air might do it good.

His lovely Aunt Bridgie came to visit me so that I wouldn't have to stay by myself while Terry was in Kentucky. What a doll she drove two hours to spend the night and get woken up by mister D like 15 times just so that I wouldn't have to spend a night alone in our creaky at night house. Thanks Bridgie you are great! Oh and thanks for the new clothes for Mr. D he is going to look soooooo cute in them!

My poor baby! I think he sat in his diaper too long at daycare Tuesday because his bootie hasn't been the same since. We have been using this great little concoction that I got from my sister. Here is the recipe if you need it.

Awesome bootie cream
equal parts lotrimin(non creamy) and creamy desitin
a couple tsp. of Milk of Magnesia

Thanks Shauna really great stuff!

As you can imagine a 6 month old without a diaper is not always great. But I only got peed on once, that's about average.

He Loved being naked! He just laid around and kicked his legs and rolled all over on his play mat and in his crib.

Our dr is out today so I took him to see another dr and he was a funny dude. This tall, skinny man strolled in in his tweed high water pants pulled up to his armpits, suspenders, a funky pinkish tie, something white chillin under his nose, crazy wild white hair and big thick black-rimmed glasses and introduced himself. He then proceeded to make all kinds of funny noises while he examined Mr. Dawson. And I though little kids must love this walking cartoon character of a man. However Mr. Dawson just looked at him like "what planet did you come from?"

Now I get to collect a stool sample. Sweet, can't wait to scoop up some poo and carry it to the hospital! Oh the things we do for our kids - about 6 months ago I would have been totally grossed out by this. Now I don't even care just want the little man to get better.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Eek! I hope Dawson gets better soon! My friend Alexa was talking about that diaper rash concoction the other day. Her 9-month old son just had a bad case of that too. Good luck!