Friday, December 19, 2008

The dr says cry it out.

A few reasons I'm ready to do this:

1. This dr much nicer about it. Took the time to talk me through it. Related it to what he went through with his son.

2. I'm losing my mind. I have hit a low point and hope to now bounce up.

However I'm not going hardcore. We helped him get to sleep at 8. Then he was on his own and we did not pick him up once when he woke up. He cried himself back to sleep but it only took a couple of minutes. Much better than the non stop screaming when we tried to let him cry himself to sleep.

We will continue to help him to sleep for a little while. Then after we get better at night sleeping we'll work on that. I can't go hardcore with hours of screaming.

We'll see how it goes. I hope we have turned a corner towards adequate sleep.

P.S. glad to read Nie surgery sucessful!

No comments: