Friday, June 5, 2009

Wide Stance

When TW and I lived in Arkansas we loved to hang out at Barnes and Noble because we could pretend like we weren't in Arkansas ( you know somewhere where people actually like to read j/k, kinda). Anyway one Saturday I was in the bathroom at B&N when the lady in the stall next to me started waving toilet paper at me under the stall partition.

I decided to ignore this strange behavior because I had nooo idea what she wanted. Next thing I know she's sticking her foot under the divider and over on my side. I was like oh my better hurry up and get the heck out of here. Then she starts rubbing her shoe against mine and I was like get me outta here! And she says, "Sorry, I have a wide stance." As she giggles hysterically in her stall.

I responded with a gasp, I think. And then silence.

Then I hear, "Charlotte?!? Charlotte?!? Charlotte where are you," panic streaked through her voice.

"I'm over here mom," Charlotte responded.

"In the stall next to me," mom asked hopefully.

"Nope over in the corner stall," she said.

"Oh."

This was followed by nervous laughter for all of us. By this point I was coming out to wash my hands and Charlotte and her mother apologized profusely and explained she was making fun of the Sen. Larry Craig bathroom incident. I laughed and laughed. I thought it was great, strange but very funny.

TW was waiting for me outside and thought it was very strange when I walked out with these ladies all of us laughing. And he got a kcik out of it too when I explained.

So this one goes out to Charlotte's mom whoever you are, wherever you are, you made my day with your strange bathroom behavior and good sense of humor. Thanks for the foot rub!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

LOL! I thought we were about to have some creepy story on our hands. Glad to find out it was just a misunderstanding. Ha!