Friday, March 27, 2009

Pesto, St. Paddy's Day, Sisters and Wine














































Last week my sister Shauna and her two boys Vonn and Kingston came to visit us at Harrison house. It was great but all too short a visit. When they left I was sad and wished my sisters both lived closer!!


Dawson must have been sad too because he was super fussy after they left. And when it was time for me to leave for my Friends of the Library meeting he didn't want to be with anyone but his mommy. I think it was those darn teeth. They hurt him so. My poor baby was really fussy the rest of that week. : (


Shauna and I were super bad and had a glass of wine with our pesto quesadillas. YUM! This is a lovely creation I came up with on St. Paddy's Day.



Pesto + Tomatoes + Mozz Cheese in a quesadilla = sooooo GOOD!
I was feeling very Irish and festive after watching Meredith and Al Roker in Ireland. So I made corned beef and cabbage. We sat out on the back deck because the weather was unusually mild and so beautiful. We drank a little wine and I felt like we needed an appetizer so I whipped those up in a pinch. TW and Dawson shared a grilled cheese (this is D's fave food.)



And we listened to a great playlist Kiera10906's (All irish songs) http://www.playlist.com/playlist/2958298379



our fav was the one about the drunken scotchman -- very funny!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Those quesadillas sound AWESOME. I'm going to have to try that... PS - I LOVE grilled cheese too!!

Chaz and Marcie said...

Hi Quinn! Dawson is so cute, especially his hair!